Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chet Baker, Curry Fan


You have to bring lots of water and food when you're taking a five or six mile walk. I enjoy bringing something unconventional, such as this yummy chicken and vegetable curry I had made the night before. I like sitting on the ground in the middle of nowhere, eating something deliciously unlikely. Being on a hike is no excuse for deprivation. Ask my sister Barbara, who once fed me beef stroganoff by candlelight at a campsite in Saskatchewan. I still remember that.

And somebody agreed.

Mether, please share your lunch. I am your partner on this hike, and I would like some food, too.


Now, those of you who are grossed out by my letting Chet Baker use the same (disposable, biodegradable cornstarch) fork as I do might just want to go douse themselves in Purel. I actually believe in bacteria.

I was done, OK? And it was a photo-op, OK? And I would have done it even if it weren't a photo-op, 'cuz that's the way I roll.

(All photos by Shila Wilson).

Mmmm. Thank you, Mether. That is delicious.

I get very hengry when we walk so far. I appreciate your sharing. Curry is good.




And so are Shila's adzuki bean and rice chippies. I am controlling her with my brain. She will give me the chippy. It will levitate toward my mouth. (At this point, Baker is practically oinking. Boston terriers oink when they see something they want, be it chippy or chiptymunk.)


Chet Baker, best puppeh in the universe, you can share my fork any time. When I'm done with it.


All photos of JZ and Th' Bacon by Shila Wilson, my hiking buddy, mental health consultant, photography mentor, aura chiropractor, and friend. The Bacon is always ecstatic to see her because he knows we're going for a w-a-l-k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ptpd

http://www.777seo.com/seo.php?username=kewut&format=ptp http://www.paid-to-promote.net/member/signup.php?r=kewut Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner