Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rainbow Dog


Phoebe and Liam love to create art on our sidewalk and driveway. Being 14, Phoebe is drawn to creating intricate patterns whose painstaking tediousness suits her brain organization just now. I remember drawing those by the hour. Now I do everything else by the hour, and everything I do has a point and a goal. Sigh. I miss being 14. At least I get to watch Phoebe get to be 14.

The kids tend to create their best pieces when someone is due to visit. Since we've had a cavalcade of visitors all spring and summer, we've had a lot of sidewalk art.

Ah, but sidewalks are to be walked upon, aren't they, Chet Baker?

Yes, they are. And I am just the dog to do it. Is there a problem with that?

Oh, don't walk on my picture when it's rainy and wet, Chet! You'll ruin my perfect design!!


Perfect is perfect, but perfect isn't very interesting. This is a sidewalk, and people are supposed to use it.

Not only will I walk across your design with wet pawdypads, I will stand on it, too.



And if you keep pestering me about it, I will sit on it.

Like this.


And you, Miss Phoebe, should know by now that some of the best art

is created by accident.
Or when other people give you ideas. People like me.


And I, Chet Baker, am here to teach you this important lesson on this moist summer day.


And rainbows shine out of my bottom, also, if you have not noticed.


It's true, Chet Baker. My painting is much better now. Thank you, All-Knowing Dog. I love you.

I love you, too, Phoebe.

For a daily dose of your favorite dog, follow Chet Baker on Facebook!

And come see me this weekend at the 2d annual Midwest Native Plant Conference at Bergamo Environmental Education Center in Dayton. I speak Saturday night, August 7. Native plants for sale, field trips with the incomparable Jim McCormac, fabulous talks (Wil Hershberger on insect song) and even Susan with her raptors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ptpd

http://www.777seo.com/seo.php?username=kewut&format=ptp http://www.paid-to-promote.net/member/signup.php?r=kewut Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner